PBA Innovation Committee
What is the mission of the Innovation Committee?
The Innovation Committee of the Port of Algeciras Bay is constituted as a working group and shared forum for reflection and knowledge sharing between the companies of the Port Community. Its mission is to align, coordinate and promote collaborative innovation in the Port of Algeciras Bay in order to improve competitiveness and sustainability, as well as the value proposition of the Port and its Port and Logistics Community.
Which are its specific objectives?
The specific objectives pursued by the PBA Innovation Committee are the following:
- Identify priority actions and areas of interest on which innovative efforts should be focused in order to face the challenges that arise in the logistics- port sector.
- Constitute a shared forum for reflection on innovation in the PBA where all the actors involved can contribute their vision and debate on the most efficient guidelines and directives to bring a common innovation agenda to a successful conclusion.
- Identify needs and opportunities (challenges) for innovation in the maritime-port-land interface.
- Jointly stimulate open innovation in order to identify innovative solutions to the challenges posed, attracting talent and professional profiles.
- Share knowledge and present ongoing innovation projects in which companies from the Port and Logistics Community are involved.
- Discuss the agenda and joint innovation actions to be developed.
- Encourage joint participation in innovation projects carried out in the PBA.
- Identify ways of collaboration and channel efforts and interests in public funding calls for R&D&I projects such as, for example, Ports 4.0, Horizon Europe, or Connecting Europe Facility (CEF).
Which working groups are involved?
Initially, a total of 6 Working Groups have been created, aligned with the strategic business axes of the Port of Algeciras Bay, in order to deal with the different topics of interest for collaborative innovation in a more specific way. These are the following:
- WG1. Container traffic.
- WG2. Ro-Ro and passenger traffic.
- WG3. Industrial traffic.
- WG4. Maritime traffic services.
- WG5. Railport traffic.
- WG6. Sustainability and climate neutrality.
Who are part of the PBA Innovation Committee?
Empresas privadas / Consultores
- ACISA Seguridad
- ADDocean Technologies
- FCC Industrial
- Navis (ATOM@Lab)
- Oritia & Boreas Wind Engineering
- Portel Servicios Telemáticos
- Proes – Grupo Euroconsult
- Schneider Electric
- Sopra Steria
- ENESYS Seguridad
- TECOSA Seguridad
- XAIVO Procesos y Tecnología
UNIVERSIDADES, Centros TECNOLÓGICOS/INNOVACIÓN Y GRUPOS DE INVESTIGACIÓN
- Instituto Andaluz de Tecnología (IAT)
- Observatorio Medioambiental Estrecho de Gibraltar (OMEG)
- Universidad de Cádiz (UCA)
- Universidad de Cantabria (UC) – Instituto de Hidráulica Ambiental (IH Cantabria)
- Universidad Granada (UGR)
- Universidad Málaga (UMA) – Grupo Oceanografía Física (GOFIMA)
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid – Laboratorio de Puertos (HRL-UPM)
Agencias de innovación e incubación
Puertos / Autoridades Portuarias
The Innovation Committee of the Port of Algeciras has started today with the opening of the deadline for companies and institutions to transfer their interest in belonging to it. This was announced this morning by the Head of Innovation of the Port Authority of Algeciras (APBA), Jesús Medina, during the Conference ‘Opportunities, towards Innovation’ which […]
Next Thursday, 16th March, the launch of the Innovation Committee of the Port of Algeciras will take place. A Committee constituted as a shared work forum with the companies of its Port Community which aims to align, coordinate and promote collaborative innovation in the Port of Algeciras. This launch will be accompanied by a Business […]
¿Quieres ser nuestro aliado?
**Por favor, accede al formulario de contacto para enviar la solicitud.