What is open innovation?
The term open innovation makes reference to the process of looking for talent and of innovative solutions beyond the internal limits of the organizations. It can also be conceived as a strategy that permits the systematic combination of the internal and external knowledge to strengthen the innovative capacity and to improve know-how.
What does this method of innovation process offer us?
The opening of our innovation process permits us:
- To foster the innovative capacity of the APBA
- To combine the internal and external talent in a systematic way
- To manage the economic and I+D resources in the most efficient way and to accelerate the results of innovation
- To increase the creativity and knowledge of our employees
- To introduce competitive advantages in our port
- To create a collaborative environment around innovation in Algeciras Port
- To capture the necessities of the partners / clients / users in a more flexible way
How do we apply the concept of open innovation in the APBA?
From the APBA the following initiatives are underway:
- We collaborate with suppliers, associates / clients / users and even competitors
- We facilitate Algeciras Port infrastructures and facilities for the execution of pilot tests in a complex and dynamic environment
- We are cultivating a culture of innovation
- We have a team of innovation drivers that observe and identify innovations and business opportunities
- We take advantage of the innovations generated in the market
- We are close to the research world
- We attend conferences, congresses, and fairs and other inspiring events
Who has accompanied us during the process of innovation?
Currently the innovation ecosystem of Algeciras Port is comprised of the following entities / organisations:
- ACISA Seguridad
- ADDocean Technologies
- FCC Industrial
- Navis (ATOM@Lab)
- Oritia & Boreas Wind Engineering
- Portel Servicios Telemáticos
- Proes – Grupo Euroconsult
- Schneider Electric
- ENESYS Seguridad
- TECOSA Seguridad
- XAIVO Procesos y Tecnología
- Instituto Andaluz de Tecnología (IAT)
- Observatorio Medioambiental Estrecho de Gibraltar (OMEG)
- Universidad de Cádiz (UCA)
- Universidad de Cantabria (UC) – Instituto de Hidráulica Ambiental (IH Cantabria)
- Universidad Granada (UGR)
- Universidad Málaga (UMA) – Grupo Oceanografía Física (GOFIMA)
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid – Laboratorio de Puertos (HRL-UPM)
Do you want to be our partner or collaborate with us?
Please, access the contact form to send your request: